INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
When you register with Custom College Rankings, you provide us information to register and set up an account, including email, name, and billing and credit card information if you are buying premium services (“Registration Data”). You agree that we may communicate with you regarding Custom College Rankings and other entities for the purpose of providing you the Services, alerts and newsletters.
If you correspond with Custom College Rankings, we may retain the content of your messages, your email address and our responses.
If you invite a friend to try Custom College Rankings through our Service, we will use that friend’s email address for the sole purpose of sending your invitation.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICE
- To analyze and improve our Services, diagnose problems, maintain security, etc.
- To remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit, and provide you with personalized content and information.
- For security and monitoring purposes
- To fulfill your specific request
- To share security information with third parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to you
- To share such information with third parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to users and enable behavioral retargeted advertising.
You can set your web browser to refuse all cookies; however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to use the Services.
Emails and other electronic communications we send you may contain pixel tags or web beacons that enable us to track your use of such communication.
Custom College Rankings cannot personally identify you with this information alone, but if you do log into your Custom College Rankings account, we may associate this information with your account and personally identify you in order to provide you better service.
AD SERVING TECHNOLOGY
If you wish to “opt out” of certain targeted advertising, please visit http://www.youradchoices.com and/or www.networkadvertising.org. Please note that the links above may not reach all Custom College Rankings’s advertising partners and certain behaviorally targeted advertising may still be displayed to you. If you want to be certain that no behaviorally targeted advertisements are not displayed to you, please do not use or access the Services. Additionally please note that if you “opt out” it does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising. It just means that the advertising you see displayed will not be customized to you and your interests and may be less relevant to you.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed as follows:
- If we are required to do so by law or subpoena, (a) to enforce our terms and policies; or (b) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of Custom College Rankings, our users or others
- Store information in physical locations outside the direct control of Custom College Rankings (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers)
- If Custom College Rankings is acquired as as business or its assets are sold, as is typical when a business is acquired or merged.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SERVERS AND OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Custom College Rankings employs well-established security measures to safeguard our systems and your information. However, we cannot control all the individuals and activities on the internet and elsewhere, and therefore cannot guarantee that such information will never be compromised.
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our web page, as determined by Custom College Rankings in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
U.S. BASED SERVICE
Our center of operation is in the United States. Your data is held in the United States and transactions are processed in US Dollars on servers in the United States. As such, all data is held in accordance with United States laws and procedures which differ from those in other regions of the world, such as the European Union. By using this service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these data policies.
Questions regarding this policy and our practice should be directed to Custom College Rankings by contact us.